In a recent radio interview on BBC with Richard Branson and reported on in the Entrepreneur Magazine he stated that; “The five simple guidelines we followed when we started the magazine and then Virgin Music remain as valid and useful as they were in the late 1960s and early 1970s.”
Richard Branson’s 5 Simple Guidelines for Starting and Maintaining Your Business
1. If you don’t enjoy it, don’t do it. You must love what you do.
2. Be innovative: Create something different that will stand out.
3. Your employees are your best asset. Happy employees make for happy customers.
4. Lead by listening: Get feedback from your staff and customers on a regular basis.
5. Be visible: Market the company and its offers by putting yourself or a senior person in front of the cameras.
Do you have what it takes to be the next Richard Branson?